Reports to: Digital Director
Salary Range: $65,000-$70,000
Location: Remote to start, with eventual location in Washington, DC
Start Date: October 2021
STG is a full service political, digital, and public affairs consulting firm. Our team of experienced professionals has waged and won dozens of high-profile, high stakes campaigns for candidates, coalitions, and causes – and we do the same thing for our clients. We are good people doing good things, and we’re looking for a digital advertising strategist to join our team.
What you’ll do:
- Develop media plans—ranging from social and search ads to both online display ads and OOH advertising—based on client objectives, including proposing creative solutions to achieve client goals.
- Work with clients to pinpoint program goals and KPIs, and help design and execute programs to meet those goals
- Manage client budgets, including leading budget reconciliation process for those clients, in conjunction with the operations team
- Implement ad concepts for clients, including the development of compelling content
- Work closely with other members of the digital team to execute and optimize programs
- Assist in management of the buying, tag implementation, ensuring that optimizations are being made regularly, and reporting performance
- Communicate timing needs for campaign launches to client teams
- Track reporting to ensure that campaigns are pacing and delivering properly, and make optimizations as needed
- Work with client teams to communicate to clients, including advising on strategic investments, troubleshooting, and weighing in on new business proposals and pitches
- Work with in-house creative staff as well as outside vendors to develop, iterate, and deliver compelling and effective creative
- Manage the work of the digital assistant and designer and assist in their professional development.
What makes you a good fit:
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience in the digital advertising or paid media space, ideally in a campaign, progressive/advocacy organization, or agency setting
- You’re experienced with Google/Youtube advertising, Facebook ads, programmatic buying platforms, OOH, and/or direct media buying. Experience with or interest in expanding beyond digital advertising and learning the TV, radio, or print landscapes is a plus
- You have familiarity with or interest in digital measurement tools (Google Analytics and similar)
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with a lot of moving parts. You can effectively manage multiple clients on time, delivering projects within scope and within budget that meet goals.
- You have good judgment and decision-making skills
- You’re detail-oriented -- especially in regards to QA, trafficking, and reporting
- You have strong project management skills and experience and can manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- You have a demonstrated interest in progressive causes, including (but not limited to!) energy and the environment, public lands, health care, and social justice
- You’ve worked within a project management system like Trello, Basecamp, Monday, or similar