Reports to: Executive Leadership Team (Partners)
Salary Range: $100,000- $120,000/ annually
Location: Remote to start, with eventual location in Washington, DC
Start Date: Immediate
STG is a full service political, digital, and public affairs consulting firm. Our team of experienced professionals has waged and won dozens of high-profile, high stakes campaigns for candidates, coalitions, and causes – and we do the same thing for our clients. We are good people doing good things, and we’re looking for a paid media director to join our team and lead our growing paid media and digital practice.
STG offers a competitive benefits package, including health and dental coverage, transportation and cell phone plan benefits, and employer-contributed retirement plans.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the STG paid media practice, including managing overall strategy and execution and serving as a member of the STG leadership team
- Work with clients across practice areas to pinpoint program goals and KPIs, and help design and execute programs in conjunction with the digital team to meet those goals
- Develop media plans—ranging from social and search ads to both online display ads and real world OOH advertising—based on client objectives, including proposing creative solutions to achieve client goals
- Supervise the staff of the paid media team (ads assistant, ads strategist, designer) and ensure program goals met while ensuring the professional development and productivity of the team
- Work with internal team and third-party vendors and agencies to develop, iterate, and deliver compelling and effective creative
- Ensure projects run on-time and on-budget, including delivering meaningful performance metrics to clients on their respective campaigns
- Ensure cross-team coordination to accomplish client objectives
- Take a data-centered approach to client recommendations and success
- 5+ years in the digital and/or paid media space, with some agency, political campaign, or nonprofit experience
- Extensive experience with Google/Youtube advertising, Facebook ads, programmatic buying platforms, OOH, and/or direct media buying.
- Experience with or interest in expanding beyond digital advertising and learning the TV, radio, or print landscapes is a plus
- You have familiarity with or interest in digital measurement tools (Google Analytics and similar)
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with a lot of moving parts. You can effectively manage multiple clients on time, delivering projects within scope and within budget that meet goals.
- You have good judgment and decision-making skills, and are able to effectively talk about digital strategies with non-digitally native clients
- You’re detail-oriented -- especially in regards to QA, trafficking, and reporting
- You have strong project management skills and experience and can manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- You have a demonstrated interest in progressive causes, including (but not limited to!) energy and the environment, public lands, health care, and social justice
- You’ve worked within a project management system like Trello, Basecamp, Monday, or similar
- Some experience with business development is a plus