Location: Houston, Dallas, Austin, or San Antonio
Start Date: July or August
Palmetto is a rooftop solar company leading our world toward a clean energy future with revolutionary technology, full turnkey sales services, industry-leading logistics, thousands of solar panel installations, and an endless passion for all things sustainable. Palmetto connects homeowners with options to purchase solar power, home efficiency products, and energy storage systems. We’ve structured, financed and developed clean energy projects across 4 continents and 22 countries.
This project is being managed for Palmetto by STG, a progressive consulting firm.
Learn more about STG HERE and Palmetto HERE.
Palmetto and STG are building a team of Community Leaders who believe that giving people the opportunity to switch to solar power is the key to a clean energy future. We're looking for experienced and passionate community organizers who are comfortable working in small towns and big cities to meet local leaders, influencers, and activists and engage them with Palmetto tools and services.
Community Leaders will be advocates for clean energy and will focus on building relationships in the local community to identify potential Palmetto solar system customers.
Community leaders will be responsible for local outreach/recruiting, onboarding, training and support of volunteers in the community, also known as Ambassadors.
We are recruiting in Texas, Arizona, and Colorado. We are open to considering candidates that want to relocate to these areas.
- Develop local outreach and execute marketing plans to recruit Ambassadors, educate the community about the benefits of solar, and drive new membership to the platform
- Oversee/host community events to encourage referrals and new homeowners to sign up with Palmetto
- Train and onboard Ambassadors to be effective advocates for Palmetto
- Establish and manage productive relationships with Ambassadors to gain knowledge/feedback about market change/needs
- Meet assigned metrics and goals of customer leads in partnership with Ambassadors and providing both sales and operational support
- Share successes in an ongoing format with new Ambassadors to shorten onboarding times
- Provide daily ad hoc support to Ambassadors and create process allowing for scalability
- Coach/manage Ambassadors to meet set KPIs, ensure all issues are flagged/logged with account team, maintain knowledge and proficiency with all Palmetto products and services
- Report and track progress toward monthly production commitments from Ambassadors
- Community Leaders will be paid a monthly fee, with opportunities for bonuses when goals are met
- Community Leaders will receive an additional monthly stipend towards health insurance
- Passion for solar power and clean energy
- 3+ years of successful organizing, advocacy, marketing, or project management experience with proven ability to meet and exceed key metric goals
- Ability to travel, if required (25% or less)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience in using CRM- type database
- Flexibility in working hours to support Ambassador base
- Access to personal transportation
- Access to technology and equipment (internet, cell phone, laptop)
- Salary for this position will be $5000 per month, along with a health insurance stipend and competitive bonus structure.
Depending on the market, this role could begin in mid to late summer 2021.